Autumn is a wonderful time to visit St Martin Chalets. As well as enjoying our off-season prices, it’s the best time of year to get close to Austrian Alpine nature and wildlife. In late September and early October, Lungau’s giant red deer and stags gather for the rut in Riedingtal Nature Park – treating visitors to loud roars and spectacular displays of fighting. It’s the best time of year to get up close and personal to these gorgeous animals – topped off by some fantastic local food and home comforts.
For: Groups of 4 or more
Duration: 3 nights (Thursday to Sunday) or 4 nights (Sunday to Thursday)
When: end of September and beginning of October only – please contact us to confirm
Price: €215 per person*
- Accommodation in your own cosy timber chalet
- Breakfast delivery each morning
- 2 x guided hikes / nature spotting
- Free use of our central facilities, including sauna (€5 supplement for robes)
- End of stay cleaning and local taxes
– Arrive in Salzburg and collect hire car (not included)
– Make your way to St Martin Chalets through winding valleys and impressive mountain landscapes
– We’ll then greet you before showing you your chalet plus the gym & sauna area, giving you a lowdown on how to make the most of your stay with us
– Relax into your holiday beside the fire with a glass fo wine or go for a wander in the hills behind us
– We’ll deliver some fresh bread and goodies for breakfast your chalet
– You’ll then join Jodi or one of our guides on a morning hike with plenty of opportunities for some fantastic landscape and wildlife photography in our UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. You’ll hear the deer before you spot them and when you do, it’s something you’ll never forget!
– A lunch stop off at Lenznhütte, a lovely traditional Austrian mountain hut, will then be in order!
– Hike back to the chalets through stunning scenery and yet more photo opportunities
– Free to relax in your chalets or take to the gym and sauna if you’ve still got energy to burn
– Fresh rolls will once again be delivered for your Chalet breakfast
– Another guided morning hike and Deer spotting trip among the beautiful scenery of our UNESCO Biosphere Reserve will wake you up nicely.
– Enjoy an Austrian packed lunch at a particularly picturesque spot
– Afternoon return hike to the chalets
– Why not enjoy a pre-preapared Michelin star meal thanks to our exclusive Summer Catering Menu or a fantastic Austrian BBQ pack (click here for the menu) crafted by our local Michelin Starred Chef. We’re confident you won’t find a Michelin starred meal cheaper anywhere else in the world (€19 two course or €25 three course)!!
– Chalet breakfast
– Time to relax before headin off for the airport
* Flights, meals (unless stated) and car hire not included.